If you’ve subscribed to streaming services through Roku, you’ll need to cancel through Roku.
Steve Kovach/Business Insider
If you’ve subscribed to a paid or premium channel through your Roku account, you can cancel the subscription from the Roku player or the Roku website.
To cancel, select a channel using your Roku remote, press the asterisk key, and choose “Manage subscription.”
If you don’t see the subscription on the website or Roku device, it probably means you purchased it another way.
Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Many Roku channels are available for free, but if you subscribe to a paid channel through your Roku device, you may eventually want to cancel that subscription. You can do this using your Roku media player or on your account page of the Roku website.
Quick tip: You can only see and manage subscriptions this way that you started through Roku. If you subscribed to HBO Max via the HBO website, for example, you’ll have to cancel it the same way.
How to cancel Roku subscriptions
If you’ve subscribed to a streaming channel using your Roku, you can cancel it from the Roku player or using the Roku website.
Quick tip: It can be difficult to track all your subscriptions if you signed up in different places. The easiest way to manage your subscriptions is to purchase them all in the same place, such as through your Roku.
From the Roku device:
1. Using your Roku remote, navigate to the channel you want to cancel and press the asterisk button. You should see a pop-up window appear.
2. Select Manage subscription.
Press the asterisk button after navigating to a channel and choose “Manage subscription.”
3. On the Manage subscription page, select Cancel subscription and then confirm this is what you really want to do.
If you don’t see Manage subscriptions in the list of options, that probably means you’ve subscribed through another service (or you’re receiving the channel for free).
From mobile or web:
1. Open the Roku website in a browser and, if you’re not already signed in, log in to your account.
2. Click the avatar icon at the top-right of the window and click My account.
3. Click Manage your subscriptions.
4. You should see a list of channels you’re subscribed to through your Roku account. Click Cancel subscription next to any channels you want to cancel.
The Roku website conveniently shows you all your subscriptions in one place.
Why is Roku charging …read more
Source:: Business Insider